One of our Brides-to-Bee in 2010 used Microsoft Word to create Heart shaped Favor Tags for her Bridal Shower; she said it was really easy to do. This is a good example of what we have found in working with over 700 Brides-to-Bees the last six years – that about a third of our Brides liked to create their own DIY Wedding Favor Tags and complete their favor decorations.
Here are directions for creating a Heart Shaped Favor Tag.
- First open a new document in Microsoft Word
- Using the Toolbox add the Heart shape to your doc
- Adjust the size of the heart shape
- Decide on the color of the heart shape
- Add the dotted outline to the heart shape
- Create text boxes with your custom wording
- Create your custom bee clip art
- Add the completed text boxes & bee art to the heart
- Print out the heart tag on thick stock paper
- Cut out the individual heart tags
- Punch a hole in the tags
- Tie the tags with ribbon or raffia
Please note we used Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac- if you use a different version of Word some of the toolbox terminology may be different.